Re: Are packages w/o necessary kernel modules allowed?

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 06:59:28PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Then our opions diverge: I think it should be a hard show stopper criterion.

There should not be any room for any "cripple ware" in Fedora nor should
Fedora be a stage for "closed source loaders".

So it should apply to pretty much all of Fedora, since Fedora depends
on closed source firmware, BIOSes, microcode and even hardware
designs.

eyeroll.

-sv