Re: Rationale behind _cmake_skip_rpath choice in /etc/rpm/macros.cmake

Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:

> I would like to understand why the file macros.cmake as distributed in
> fedora-10 defines:
> %_cmake_skip_rpath -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=ON

or just
%define _cmake_skip_rpath %{nil}
to disable (why it was made a macro, so it's easy to change or override).

It's probably not needed anymore, cmake-based builds should omit rpath by
default, and only use it when necessary, and the hammer above will (I
think) disable that as well.

-- Rex