Re: Maintainer MIA: Claudio Tomasoni

On 10/10/2009 10:43 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
Am Samstag, den 10.10.2009, 21:41 +0200 schrieb Chitlesh GOORAH:
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
I am starting the AWOL procedure [1] for Claudio Tomasoni, because he
didn't respond to a bug I opened 5 months ago [2]. Chitlesh even tried
to contact him for more than 7 months [3]. We should prepare for taking
over Claudio's packages [4].

I'm willing to take over :
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/octaviz

I should discourage anybody from taking over octaviz, the package fails to build from source as it is not compatible with vtk > 5.0 [1], I spent with it several hours when it failed during our F11 mass rebuild in February, without any significant success.

IMO it should be just killed for now since it doesn't seem that there will be any positive changes soon.

Regards,
Milos

[1] Read more here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/octaviz/develop