tagging of non critical path package into F-12?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:53:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 08:59 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Because it allows me to test them as part of what will become the F-12
>> Moblin remix spin
>
> You can add custom repositories to spin config files, so you could get
> the updated packages in that way. Not ideal, but it ought to work.

Already done so, farking painful and the other people that are
actually using it have borked builds because there was no email about
the changes to NetworkManager to fedora-devel to allow me to get a
rebuild done in time. It obviously a "I'm right Jack" situation.

> As Conrad said, there's no concerted policy here AFAIK, just that no-one
> yet reached your ticket for some reason.

Not according to Jesse, even in this thread there seems to be mixed
communications. My understanding was from the last FUDCon would be
that it would be complete lock down for core stuff with more
flexibility for the stuff that obviously isn't mainline and going
affect the core stability but then then I've not seen communication
either way so I honestly would have no idea.

Peter