Packaging files that rpmbuild's auto-{requires,provides} trips on

Conrad Meyer cemeyer at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 19 02:04:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm packaging some data files for a package and having trouble getting
rpmbuild to finish. At some point in (I'm guessing) the autorequires/provides
scripts, file(1) returns a 1 code, and rpmbuild chokes and dies. So, my
question here is:

1) How do I get these scripts to ignore this file?

and also:

2) Should the autorequires/provides scripts die when they stumble across a
file file(1) errors on, or should they just assume it doesn't require or
provide anything?

Thanks,
--
Conrad Meyer <cemeyer at u.washington.edu>