Re: Rationale behind _cmake_skip_rpath choice in /etc/rpm/macros.cmake

Rex Dieter wrote:
> I'm convinced to revert, I'll run the change by my fellow cmake
> maintainers (I think we have buy-in from everyone though).

Please test that we really don't end up with standard paths like /usr/lib or
/usr/lib64 in the rpath of installed executables when doing that! Last time
we tried not using CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH, that's exactly what happened.

(Also note that %cmake_kde4 will probably always need the CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH
unless we can get CMake to understand that %{_libdir}/kde4/devel contains
only symlinks. But that's a separate issue from the above.)

        Kevin Kofler