Who do I send to get a package removed because of bad language.

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 17:28:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:22:04PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> IIUC, you're mis-interpreting the YUM output there. NetworkManager-gnome
> doesn't have a dependancy on KDE, rather it happens to be part of the
> "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"  group. ie in doing a 'groupremove'
> you explicitly asked YUM to remove 'NetworkManager-gnome' since its
> in that group. If you had just done an package level remove, eg
> 'yum remove kde*' then NetworkManager-gnome would not have been removed

You're correct in that removing the KDE group attempts to remove the
NetworkManager-gnome rpm. I remembered uninstalling KDE also removed
NetworkManager-gnome which borked my laptop until I re-installed the
RPM. That's something that should be fixed.

Virtual Machine Management - http://www.ovirt.org/
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.