Fwd: Request to update ATi OSS driver for Fedora 12

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:08:20 UTC 2009

Hi,
I've installed F-12 beta on my new laptop with ati radeon hd 4570 graphic
card, I was going to file new bug. With kms enabled, everything is really
sloooow, with 'nomodeset' it's much faster. I can't say exactly "how" slow
it
is, is there anything I can use for measuring?
Michal
btw, mesa-dri-drivers-experimental does not work at all for me (glx apps
segfault)

To Michal Hlavinka,
Hi, in Fedora 12, KMS for R600/R700 is an experimental features. The next
mainline kernel, 2.6.32 will official support KMS of R600/R700.

Xorg still does not release opensource drivers for R600/R700 to run 3D
program. Mesa-dri-drivers-experimental is just a testing package. It can run
compiz. But compiz is easy to crash with this dri-drivers. Believe that,
Fedora developers still work hard for opensource ati driver. Please wait a
moment. 3D acceleration is coming soon.

   --
<url>http://www.liangsuilong.info</url>
Fight for freedom!!!!(3F)