Re: Fwd: Request to update ATi OSS driver for Fedora 12

On 10/22/2009 01:56 PM, Liang Suilong wrote:
I try to add kernel parameter nomodeset to turn off KMS. After logging
in Gnome and run gnome-terminal, I can scroll up and down my mouse so
smoothly. I do not feel scrolling in the terminal is slow.

I noticed that performance with KMS is more affected than non-KMS by the debugging options which are enabled in Rawhide kernel. The final release will have most of them disabled, so there's a chance the performance with KMS will improve.
You could try rebuilding the kernel without debugging to confirm it.

Michal