Re: Fedora with Universal Binaries?

Well, possibly the only thing fatELF would be needed for would be to rid ourselves of multilib. Applications don't even need to be FatELF to link to FatELF libraries.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Ikem Krueger <ikem krueger googlemail com> wrote:
> I just saw this article about an effort to create Universal binary style ELF
> binaries for Linux, and I thought that this would be something to watch, so
> that Fedora could integrate both x86-32 and x86-64 into single DVD sets.
I don't suggest to do that. As already mentioned, that would double
the size of the distro/iso. I would use this technic only, if
neccessary.

About "fat-elf" in general: As long as it is optional, I am fine with
it. May it at compile time or after compiling by stripping binaries.
(I'd like to see both options.)