Re: Wi-Fi Question

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 12:24 -0400, Martin Dubuc wrote:
> On most laptops, there is a way to disable Wi-Fi either through function
> keys or kill switch. I am wondering if there is a way programmatically
> speaking to figure out whether or not Wi-Fi is currently disabled because
> the user has pressed the Wi-Fi function key or turned Wi-Fi off with the
> kill switch.

At least on my laptop I have:

/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill1/state when my kill switch is thrown.  This
seems to cover the wifi.  When I unkill, which enables bluetooth, I get
rfkill2 as well with a state of 1.  In my bios I have the switch set to
cover cellular and bluetooth, so no switch can kill the wifi.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!