Re: Wi-Fi Question

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:24:10PM -0400, Martin Dubuc wrote:
> On most laptops, there is a way to disable Wi-Fi either through function
> keys or kill switch. I am wondering if there is a way programmatically
> speaking to figure out whether or not Wi-Fi is currently disabled because
> the user has pressed the Wi-Fi function key or turned Wi-Fi off with the
> kill switch.

  You can install "rfkill" package and use same-named command:
% rfkill list
0: tpacpi_bluetooth_sw: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: yes
	Hard blocked: no
2: phy0: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no

--
Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg chrome pl   one blends softly casual into the other.