Looking into LLVM

Eric Springer erikina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 22:45:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> So you don't consider it "nonsense" to allow proprietary software companies
> to steal all your code without giving anything back?

When I write (opensource) code, I hope it's as useful to as many
people as possible. I'm not expecting recognition or payment or trying
to pushing any agenda, so I prefer to give without string attached.

Of course if it's your code, please do what ever you see fit . The
"nonsense" comment was more about all the compliance stuff required
when dealing with GPL software in propreitary projects

>They can even sell you
> back some trivially modified version of YOUR OWN code!

It'd be a hard sell!