texlive 2009 - should set TEXMFCNF?

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 10:14:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:59:30AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Jindrich Novy wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 03:05:34PM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> >> I wonder if texlive should include a /etc/profile.d package to set
> >> TEXMFCNF,
> >> so that other packages, such as xdvipdfmx will work?  Or, should texlive
> >> just obsolete xdvipdfmx and include it's own version?
> >
> > I will try to fix it in the texmf.cnf kpathsea configuration file
> > directly in the new TL2009 update.
> >
> > Jindrich
> >
> Could you explain?

The plan was to update the texmf.cnf to tell kpathsea to look for
files in the /usr/share/texmf tree prior to the main TL2009 tree. This
should make the utilities like xdvipdfmx work even though they are
linked against old kpathsea and expects configuration bits in
/usr/share/texmf.

> Will you replace the current xdvipdfmx?

Currently I'm trying to not to replace any package that has a separate
upstream and is already packaged separatelly in Fedora.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/