Re: Font rendering slightly degraded in recent rawhide

Le Ven 30 octobre 2009 13:59, Benny Amorsen a écrit :

> It would be nice if fonts like Inconsolata somehow set a flag that they
> require hinting. This would prevent the side effects on old fonts.

This could technically be done in fontconfig IIRC but it would require a lot
of unglamorous manual testing and triaging. Which no one is volunteering to
do. And before we go there (tackle problems that require manual testing) there
is a lot of font problems that can be detected automatically, and need fixing
too.

--
Nicolas Mailhot