Re: What to do with package that wants to use sse?

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 09:33:13AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 09:29 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> > That is very useful information. It sounds like I will want to do this for
> > this package, since enabling sse2 will turn on the sse instructions and sse2
> > might turn out to be useful for this code as well.
> >
> > > Now I would really like to promote a comprehensive understanding of that policy.
> >
> > It would be nice to have an example of how do the build for something like this
> > in one spec file.
>
> The documentation there is is at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Compiler_flags
>
> but it's not a lot.

We could definitely use a more comprehensive section that addresses the need
to build the library twice, where to drop the resulting libs on the
filesystem, and what flags are/are not supported by the linker.

If someone would like to create a packaging draft for the packaging
committee that wouldbe wonderful.

-Toshio