Asterisk - attached patch needed to enable build in Rawhide

Quentin Armitage Quentin at Armitage.org.uk
Wed Sep 2 00:09:22 UTC 2009

Could someone please add the attached patch to Asterisk in Rawhide, to
allow it to build against the new openssl. The patch is not related to
the new version of openssl, but to the updated version of spandsp. This
is a backport from Asterisk 1.6.1.5 (and possibly earlier versions).

BTW - is Asterisk currently being maintained in Rawhide. I see that
there has been no update for a day or two shot of 6 months, although
Asterisk has moved on from 1.6.1-rc1 to 1.6.1.5 in the intervening time.

The attached patch is a quick way to get Asterisk to build and be
installable again (and also not block the mass updates of openssl).
There are requests in bz to update Asterisk to 1.6.1.5, and I am working
on that in slowtime.