GCC var-tracking-assignments: testing and bug reports appreciated

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 18:03:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 08:27 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> The largest problem I have with all this is the fact that the release
> guidelines that everyone else has to follow don't appear to be followed
> at all in this case.  You're introducing a backported feature into a
> critical path package after Feature freeze, and after a mass-rebuild
> which would have arguably helped test the hell out of this.  Any other
> maintainer would have to get an exception from rel-eng and/or FESCo in
> order to do something like this.  I don't see why the same requirements
> don't apply here.

This is my issue too.  There is claim that it was tested, yet it wasn't
tested in the same place we require every other feature to be tested,
that being rawhide.

If GCC is going to get special treatment, we should discuss, agree upon,
and document that special treatment to avoid GCC being used as an excuse
for others to ignore our policy and procedure.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!