NOTICE: SpamAssassin 3.3.0 mass-checks now starting

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Sep 12 14:36:33 UTC 2009

On 09/12/2009 10:30 AM, Warren Togami wrote:
> On 09/11/2009 04:17 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
>> Hmm - good idea. I'll put them up at a nightly URL to do that.
>
> Did this go anywhere?
>
> http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/
> Did this cause the nightlies to stop updating? I know they aren't very
> useful right now, but I still like to see them as I add more corpa to
> the mix.

Oops, that somehow went to the wrong list.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RescoreDetails
Folks here might be interested in this though.  Upstream spamassassin
has until the September 17th deadline for folks to submit masscheck logs
of their own ham.  This helps to better score the default rules in the
spamassassin-3.3.0 coming soon.  It is especially important that people
participate now because this rescoring seems to happen only once every
two years.  Currently only about a dozen users are included in the
masscheck determining the scores for everyone.

NOTE: It is far less important to analyze your spam with masscheck.  If
you have ham going back up to 5 years, it is useful in this analysis.
Just make sure you have thoroughly cleaned it of all spam.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com