Re: Introduction to a new SIG for creation of Live DVD

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:34:43 -0400,
  "Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com> wrote:

> To clarify, what I was talking about was the fact that the
> Installation DVD is really just a continuation of what has shipped
> since time immemorial in Red Hat Linux many years ago.  It doesn't
> have any particular target.  At the same time, our Live CDs are highly
> constrained by a combination of (1) the 700 MB limit, and (2) our
> desire -- a worthy one, IMHO -- to keep them usable in as many
> languages as possible.

Note that there are already Live DVDs and at least one (Games Spin) that is
limited by the 4 GiB iso size so as to be downloadable on FAT systems.

There is also a good chance that Squashfs will support lzma compression
by F13, which should be a noticeable help to spins up against their iso
size limits.