default fonts in Fedora

I've manually installed KDE desktop (yum install <pkg> ..., i.e. without anaconda) and found that no fonts were installed.
There were just rectangles instead of letters in KDM.
I filed a bug (#523957) which led to conclusion to discuss this issue on fedora-devel.

It looks like no common desktop package requires any fonts.
First package I installed which actually had such requirement was openoffice-core.

Would it make sense to make one font default in Fedora and install it as a dependency
of xorg-x11-server-common or similar package which appears on each desktop?

As far I can tell, most users install dejavu or liberation fonts.
These two are also those required by openoffice-core.

- daniel