Intel graphics users: send me your VBIOS

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 18:11:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 12:30 -0400, Carlos Romero wrote:
> I have a question: is there any way to disable lvds and use vga as the
> primary, the sony phoenix bios has no options leaving me 60% blind
> with a cracked panel. I guess there might be a bit in nvram.

xrandr --output LVDS -off
xrandr --auto

something like that (it may be LVDS-0 or LVDS-1 or something, just look
at the output of plain 'xrandr'). To make it semi-permanent, make the
change in gnome-display-properties; the layout you set in
gnome-display-properties is saved across GNOME sessions as your user. To
make it completely solid across all X sessions for all users, you can do
it in xorg.conf , following the syntax documented here:

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey