yum-presto not on by default

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 24 20:31:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 16:22 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
>> I don't consider the single command a
>> significant barrier, either way.
>
> Maybe not for people who maintain yum...

Seriously? We have lots of documentation that is "run this one command".

We're a bleeding edge distro - that's our VAUNTED mission - shouldn't we
be able to assume that users of a BLEEDING EDGE, LATEST PACKAGE distro be
able to run a single command?

I think if you assume too little of your users you end up with bad users.

I assume they are capable of a single command to either help their
bandwidth (in the case where presto is not installed and they have poor
bandwidth) or speed up the update process (in the case where presto is
installed and they have good bandwidth).

Seriously..
-sv