yum-presto not on by default

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 15:23:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 11:08 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> My only reason for arguing has been that our users are not stupid, we
> don't TARGET new users anyway
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Is_Fedora_for_me.3F
>
> so there's no point in acting like they're new users.

sure, but nothing I've said is predicated on the assumption that the
users in question are new or dumb or anything like that. as I said, you
can observe this behaviour happening all the time in experienced user /
developer circles (developer planets, IRC etc). No matter how 'advanced'
the user group, probably the majority do not refer to documentation
until they hit something they would consider a problem.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey