Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 19:41:51 UTC 2009

On 09/30/2009 03:18 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Steve Dickson (SteveD at redhat.com) said:
>> Right or wrong.. I took "Final Feature Freeze" as the last chance
>> of getting a feature into F12.. And I will be the first to admit I
>> do not read all the rule and regulations of all the steps of a
>> release... I look at dates.. When is the alpha and when is the beta.
>> After a beta release I don't even try to get anything new in, just
>> bug fixes...
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/Schedule
>
> 2009-07-28 	 Feature Freeze--Planning & Development Ends
>
> Are we actually exporting that different elsewhere?
Yeah...  I remember scanning this page and catching the
      Beta (Final Development) Freeze

and thinking "cool! I have unto the 29th to finish my development!"
and then never giving a it a second thought... Until John email
came out..  cementing the 29th...

Maybe removing the  "Final Development" part and replace it
with something like "Beta Freeze (Bug Fixes ONLY)" might have helped.

But as the end of the day, I did miss the "Development Ends"
part of the Feature Freeze since I took it the Feature Freeze
as no more features allowed in the F-12 release,  which was the
ultimate mistake... Moving too fast for my own good... :(

steved.