Fixing the kernel for intel laptops

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Intel graphics driven laptop up and running again
(see BZ 523646 for details of the problem) and am trying to rebuild the
kernel using the latest from kernel.org and the fedora srpm (install
srpm, copy the kernel, run the spec).

The idea is I drop each patch, build and see which one is killing the
system and then feed that back to the kernel bods.

The current rawhide kernel (2.6.32.2-14.fc13.i686) is no go on the
laptop.

Question is, how do I configure the spec file to use the latest kernel
tarball?

TTFN

Paul