German users in this list?

Thorsten von Plotho-Kettner thorsten at mandrakeuser.de
Thu Nov 13 20:11:26 UTC 2003

Hi Karsten.

Am Donnerstag, 13. November 2003 19:34 schrieb Karsten Wade:
> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 05:48, Thorsten von Plotho-Kettner wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 12. November 2003 21:50 schrieb christian.huegel:

> > > I am one and started to translate some docs.
> > > For infos and questions please contact me.
> > > You can view the status of the translations at:
> > > http://www.stonebyte.de/dokus.php

> > there should be a central point to coordinate translations, maybe
> > a forum or a wiki. A place, in short, to meet translators, find people
> > for translation-projects and to reach no double-work.

> In general, that's what this mailing list is for.  If we recreate that
> function outside of here, we risk splitting our knowledge and having
> double-work occur.

But for some german translators a general meeting-point is a good idea, I
think. Or they should write, if this would be no problem, in their language
here in Any the opion of the listusers?

Maybe also a wiki for fixing ideas out of the list is a possible idea. Lists
are fluid.

> However, it's true we are without a repository that contributors can
> share (CVS).  While that's being worked on -- and it _is_ being worked
> on :) -- perhaps translators can follow a plan like this, with as much
> of the conversation happening on-list for the benefit of all:

> 1. Meet on this list, organize by language

Okay. Ans then? Private lists or CC:?

> 2. Pick what to translate, divide the work

And mark it "in progress" for the list.

> 3. Coordinate using personal resources such as Christian has at
> stonebyte.de, with discussions happening on-list as much as possible.

Okay.

> 4. If possible, keep work in CVS for possible later integration into
> Fedora Project CVS

Fine.

> Does this sound reasonable?

Sounds okay for me, but only the thing with the language is tumbeling around
my head.

Regards,

Thorsten