fedora and ramdisk

Moises Beck moises at digicon.com.br
Tue Aug 3 20:53:20 UTC 2004

Hello,
	I' trying to make a ramdisk image using the follow script:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ram bs=1k count=8192
mke2fs -vm0 /dev/ram 8192
mount -t ext2 /dev/ram /mnt/ramdisk
cp -dpRf /root/projetos/ramdisk/ramdisk_ponto_fixo/* /mnt/ramdisk
umount /mnt/ramdisk
dd if=/dev/ram bs=1k count=8192 | gzip -v9 > ramdisk.image.gz
mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -a 0 -e 0 -n "Ramdisk Image
Digicon S/A" -d ramdisk.image.gz pRamdisk_ponto_fixo

	When I was using Red Hat 9.0, the script ran very well. But when I
installed Fedora core 2 and ran the script, the file ramdisk.image.gz
created was too small (around 40kB), when it must be around 1.6Mb. I
uncompressed the file ramdisk.image.gz and mounted it, and the mount
point showed that the only directory that appears (in /mnt/ramdisk) is
"lost+found". This is very strange, becouse the problem appears only
when I installed Fedora. Does anyone have some clue ?

Thanks,
Moises Beck