fedora-docs-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Tue Aug 10 08:07:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 20:34, Dave Pawson wrote:

> If the site is clearly labelled 'holding pen', with a clean
> link to some rh url where it should be (if RH get their fingers out)
> then I can't see an issue.
>   I do see a real benefit from people seeing new documentation
> appearing. It shows this project is live.

No, I think I'll agree with Karsten on this - let's not set something up
externally, if we know the projects' one is almost there

Two reasons for this:
1. Familiarity with the external CVS will mean that people know one
resource now, and they'll have to re-learn another resource soon. Bad
marketing move

2. Less pressure on the Fedora Steering Committee to release CVS ASAP

Its double-edged to push for the official Fedora CVS, but also to not
set one up externally. So while the offer is kind, it might mean that if
Brad's CVS is set up one way, with perms and everyone getting commit
access, while the Fedora one will be more restricted, it just causes
lots of issues later on

> We've had to offers of documentation this last week or so.
> Have both gone into the bit bucket?

Bugzilla them, file it under fedora-docs, and we'll keep track of them
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi