fedora-docs bugs

Hoyt hoyt at cavtel.net
Fri Aug 13 10:09:59 UTC 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 05:52 am, Colin Charles wrote:
> Don't know about the wonderful Fedora resources available out there...
> they know fedora.redhat.com, but that's about it
>
> They find fedorafaq.org or fedoranews.org too late, usually
>
> Our aim is to fix that, with the documentation subproject; so how do we
> go about that?

Provide a mention of them in the REAMDE in the root CD directory with a
disclaimer that "These sites are not maintained by RH/Fedora, you should
always examine software licenses, etc."

A similar approach taken by Mandrake at my suggestion seems to have helped
them. In other words, you try to tell the new user as soon as possible that
there is a community with something useful to offer. Those sites could also
provide cut-and-paste examples of the alternative sites for yum.conf, perhaps
wrapped in a script that inserts them in the yum.conf file and runs "yum
check-update" to grab the data files as well as display a "Here's what you do
with this stuff" html page and a desktop link to that page. Ambitious, yes,
but appropriate to the audience.

--
Hoyt