Release Point

redwire at therockmere.com redwire at therockmere.com
Mon Aug 16 12:44:26 UTC 2004

The Mailing list sure has been active the last few days. I think it took
almost an hour to get thru the digests.

I have propagated the following URL for Fedora Documents:: www.FedoraDocs.com

I have place a mission statement and an overview of what I hope to
accomplish with this site.
I am hoping to provide a release point for a large number of Fedora
Documents. This may, or may not, be a new paradigm ~ But I was trying to
visualize howto release a large # of docs, but not bog my server down with
traffic for indiv. files.

If you have any documentation that you wish to submit, please send it via
email to :: deposit at fedoradocs.com.
I will use it to create the first batch release. I am still working out,
fielding suggestions, on whether to tarball, RPM or other such release
details.
Also, I don't want to infringe on the GNU, FDL licensure, but I need to
annotate the files in some way to allow verisoning and details about the
file to be noted in a TOC or some such thing. Any clarification on howto
preserve this would be helpful.

Ideas, submissions are requested and encouraged.

Thanks,
Brad