mirror-tutorial

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 21:12:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 13:08, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 15:29, Karsten Wade wrote:
> [...snip...]
> > In terms of the tutorial, I'd recommend covering both methods, for the
> > same reason -- bandwidth and disk space issues.  Some people will create
> > their initial mirror set from a CDs they get in the postal mail, because
> > their connection is too slow or costly to download 4+ gigs.
>
> Yup, I tried to start by mapping out possibilities/permutations and then
> figure out the tutorial layout by thinking about flow for each
> possibility.

Just to get this link into the archives, perhaps throw it into the
bugzilla when it's generated:

http://www.fedoranews.org/alex/tutorial/yum/

The script included in that tutorial does a nice job of getting updated
packages from the mirror I point it at, set at my time interval.

I don't know how CC and FDL licensed documents mix.  It'd be a shame to
have to redo the implementation.  Has anyone encountered this yet?  It's
covered by the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/).

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41