Style guide

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Thu Aug 19 22:11:46 UTC 2004

As I write docs, e.g. my mirror-tutorial, I'm making stylistic decisions
(i.e. self-editing). As I edit myself, I'm trying to make notes in my
TODO for the eos-guide, which I hope will be incorporated in the
eventual Style Guide. I'm hoping to do some major contribution to that
guide, especially after having XML coded Strunk's book recently.

If you notice a stylistic decision that you are making consciously as
you write, whether you think it is glaringly obvious or not, please feel
free to send me a note about it -- off-list please, since I'll have the
TODO available at my repo if you would like to look at or add to it. See
<http://svn.frields.org>* for more information; the TODO is in the
eos-guide folder.

I intend to use not just EOS, but also the GNOME Style Guidelines (which
are licensed via the FDL), as source material for any work I can do on
the Style Guide. If, perchance, anyone else has already started, I hope
you'll consider this an offer of help. :-)

- - - -
*Umm, I have mentioned that repo a few times, and I hope (Karsten, this
means you especially) that *someone* will say something if my doing so
is a faux pas. I am fully aware that it's not part of the FDP, nor is it
intended to be. It's only a nice way for me to work on this stuff at
remote locations, until the One True CVS appears, but I also wanted
editors and collaborators to be able to reach it too.
--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE