fedora-docs-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 30

redwire at therockmere.com redwire at therockmere.com
Thu Aug 26 13:58:41 UTC 2004

>> If someone hosted a static page with a URL of fedoracommunity.org

FYI as of this AM, fedoracommunity.org is dark. But, it does reslove to an
active DNS entry. It may just be offline.

>> gateway-style that provided a list of non-RH community-based resources,
>> including Google search hints and un-commented links to Fedora-related
>> sites,
>> that should easily pass muster for mention in the README.
>
> No, you are mistaken
>
>> Consider it done; that someone will be me. I just registered the domain
>> name
>> and will be hosting the site by next week on a Fedora server, no less.
>
> Why, when the actual plan is to have http://www.fedoraproject.org/
> actually be the nice new shiny website?

What Plan? fedoraproject.org bounces to http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/
So, why is that site more entitled to be a release point for documentation
then any other?

OK, I am done with website issues. I apologize if I have antagonized the
group with some of my posts. I am only trying to help push for a release
of information.

Attached is a tutorial that I have been working on for the group. It has
basic markup, but I am falling down with the correct syntax for the group
and am asking for someone, editor?, to review, revise and critique my
first offering. I have compile problems with chp4, my compiler isn't able
to handle the -> and ~ char. What do I need to load to get special char.
to work.
(btw-I have been unable to dl the examples from the CVS)

Also, since this is my first project I am trying to keep up ~ Do I open a
bugzilla rpt? or What? While I have tried to review and follow the current
directions for submissions, I am a little confused. I'll probably be
confused until I get one or two submissions under my belt.

Thanks,

Brad

Yum_Tutorial.tar attached