taking screenshots - new section for Documentation Guide (was installation guide)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 18:20:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:15, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Agreed. I didn't like having to stack tags one bit from a readability
> standpoint, but I figured the end justified the means (i.e. readable
> output). If this part of xmlto (or something else) needs fixing, it
> would be great if someone could identify what's broken.
>
> With regard to your test ([...snipped...]), I think that examples 1-2
> prove my point. Example 2 shows a rendering with the least amount of
> extra vertical whitespace surrounding the actual code snippet. That's
> what I was seeing as well, and why I started stacking tags.

It looks like it is just a function of the whitespace.  The new line
following the <computeroutput> tag is interpreted and inserted into the
output.  I think it's a visual thing we shouldn't worry about; it
doesn't make the output an harder to read with the extra line, but it
makes the XML lots easier to read and maintain.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41