collaborating with FedoraNEWS.ORG

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Tue Jun 8 12:41:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 20:15, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 15:17, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Is there a possibility to just write the content and
> > submit it instead of doing it in docbook itself?
>
> There have been offers here to help with XML generation.  There are
> tools to convert from just about any format, even if it takes multiple
> steps such as .doc -> .txt -> .xml.
[...snip...]
> If someone writes a seriously good HOWTO or tutorial and submits it as
> material, there is a good chance someone else will jump in to help
> convert.  This will work for now.

I've made the offer before, and I'll gladly make it again. I did this
for the recent clamav tutorial, but didn't hear back from anyone. (I
hadn't made any real editorial decisions, just did the tagging in
Emacs+psgml.) Like everyone here, I have "another" job as well as
family, but I think no one expects a same-day turnaround for most of
these projects. We can do it -- rah, team!

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE