Elements of Style and the documentation-guide

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 23 22:14:37 UTC 2004

Hi

> I would argue that you can't slap an FDL on it (and
> why bother anyway?),
> because that puts specific restrictions on its use.
> However, there is no
> reason it can't be distributed along with the other
> FDP materials,
> without the FDL license and instead bearing a simple
> statement that it
> is public domain material.

afaik i know you can relicense PD stuff as FDL'ed just
like revised BSD licenses can be relicensed as GPL. PD
may not even hold as a valid distribution license

http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Licensing_and_Law/public-domain.html

you might want to use a liberal license like MIT
instead of public domain. I also suggest to the fedora
 doc team to consider including creative commons
attribution share alike license and a new fedora legal
 mailing list seems to be required
regards
Rahul Sundaram