Help Guide Feedback - Was: Etiquette Guide

Mike MacCana mikem at cyber.com.au
Mon Mar 29 03:11:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Aaron Matteson wrote:

> What i am posting about it a request for feedback on what i have done so
> far, i would hate to complete it and realize that i did it wrong.
> Pointers would also be gratefully accepted.

Good stuff, its nice and simple. Some feedback:

* A thought: maybe replace 'man' with 'info'. Info documentation is often
better maintained than man pages, and if you type 'info' and there's no
info page, it'll fall back to using the man page - so users get the best
available.

* I'd mention /usr/share/doc/<packagename>-<version>/ as part of
your 'Developer Documentation' section.

* 'Developer Documentation' could be taken two ways. Documentation from
Developers (which I think you mean) and Documentation *for* Developers.
I'd suggest retitling this section to 'Package Documentation' or just
'Documentation'.

Cheers, and thanks for your work.

Mike