Fedora core 2

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 17 19:12:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:02, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Will anyone know how to update, core-1 to core-2,
> since /. tells me that its now available on bit-torrent?

FWIW, those are underground torrents, at the minimum everyone will want
to check them against the official MD5SUM file when it comes out.

As for updating, I just updated an RHL 9 -> FC1 last week, and it was a
breeze.  Just a few small packages got stepped on.  I booted to anaconda
from the FC1 disk 1 and put 'linux askmethod' at the prompt, then chose
an HTTP install.

Or was your question more rhetorical?

"Will anyone rid me of the problem of how to update from FC1 to FC2?
Any writers?"

Karsten Wade, Tech Writer
this .signature subject to random changes
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41