why o why [off topic]

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 21 17:39:36 UTC 2005

Quoting Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com>:

> > Whats wrong On Document for deployment of Oracle on fedora or RHEL
>

> I am not claiming that its wrong but I would like a discussion (not just
> between us) before it gets accepted officially. So I am dropping off
> this conversation until others participate in it

I'd like to see it, but I'd like to see it in a separate section,
so that people know that it documents something that is not a part
of Fedora Core releases, but can be used with Fedora Core releases.

So, I'd vote to have a separate section for non-Fedora Core included
software.  I don't care if the software is Open Source or not so much
as I care that it is not part of the distribution, really.  I'd consider
it all "Third Party" software, whether open source or not.

> For your information I have been arguing that LDP move its documentation
> on non-free software to a seperate section or remove it altogether. You

I agree on the separate section, at least for FDP, but not to remove it.
If people want to write it, it is of high quality and usefulness, then
allow it.  But I'd like to make clear that it is separate from the
FC distribution, hence the idea of a separate "Third Party Software"
documentation section.

--
Eric Rostetter