Request for review - update/software management tutorial (updated links)

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 18:37:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 13:12 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Stuart Ellis" <s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk>, spake thus:
>
> > HTML:
> >
> > http://www.se.clara.net/fedora/software-management-en/index.html
>
> Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but could all those "su -c
> foo" lines be replaced by "sudo foo"?  We should encourage the use of
> sudo(1) because it generates an audit trail, while "su -c" is untraceable.

It's really a workaround for the fact that sudo isn't configured by
default. I didn't think that I could safely use sudo in the example
commands, since even if the Hardening Guide was up and could be linked
to, there's no guarantee that the user/admin would have successfully
gone through the setup beforehand.