Man page format to Docbook XML for New Authors

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 08:34:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:20:42 +0100 (BST), "Gavin Henry"
<ghenry at suretecsystems.com> said:
> Dear Guys,
>
> However, to get the manpages into docbook:
>
> http://www.amanda.org/docs/AMANDA-manpages.html
>
> We used Eric Raymonds Doclifter, which as you can see by the above
> results
> it's very good:
>
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/doclifter/
>
> Man page format is easy to write.
>
> Thoughts?

This is on the Sponsors Needed page for Extras:

"EricRaymond: esr[AT]thyrsus.com. Maintainer of fetchmail, gpsd,
shipper, doclifter. Fetchmail is in core, David Zeuthen wants gpsd for
the HAL project, doclifter is part of the master plan to move man pages
to XML/HTML, and shipper aims to be a release-shipping agent aware of
the Fedora submission path."

I don't know any more about this master plan...

--

Stuart Ellis