documentation scope (Re: why o why [off topic])

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 15:56:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:11:18 -0400, "Paul W. Frields"
<stickster at gmail.com> said:
> > After trying them out with the software management doc I think that I'll
> > probably end up putting "Intended Audience" and/or "How to Use This
> > Document" sections in every tutorial I write.
>
> Before you put in all those changes, please check out my mirror-
> tutorial, which implements a lot of this in a way that was previously
> discussed and ratified on-list.
>
>   http://docs.frields.org/html/mirror-tutorial-en/

Thanks.  That discussion may have been before I was following this list
- I'll have a look back through the archives.

> > I also like having an overview Webpage of the Project that doesn't
> > require opening a document, so I'll probably write some text for one
> > when we have draft process documents, and post it to see what people
> > think.
>
> Like this?
>
>   http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/
>
> You could start with that and suggest changes from there.

I was really thinking of the mechanics of the Project, but the start
page is definitely in serious need of an update (as Eric has also
pointed out in another thread), so I'll check out the source.
--

Stuart Ellis