how to install Oracle 9i on Fedora Core 3 or greater.

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:57:47 UTC 2005

gaurav wrote:
> general perception example
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg10882.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg10883.html

Are you referring to Sandip's mail or Nishi's ? They seem to converge
since the idea is to put across the fact - to obtain support from a
principal vendor for a deployment a supported (and daresay certified OS)
is required.

Nothing however stops anyone from using FC or any other OS with the
general base similarity of glibc version or kernel as required. Which
translates into the fact that you can go ahead with a majority of the
distributions currently in vogue with 2.6.x kernel etc.

The moot point is how the end user views support.

>>>Can you point to some public mailing list thread on this ?
>>>
> read this thread
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2005-April/msg00242.html
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2005-April/msg00243.html
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2005-April/msg00249.html

Ahh... I see that you have again missed Rahul's point. I would rather
not start a troll over here.

The point is that your document is well done (and released under a nice
license). Which however does not give you the license for conceptually
wrong Red Hat bashing.

On a side note, is there a way for you to stop this disclaimer when you
post to mailing list(s) since it will be distributed anyways as well as
archived.

This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you
unauthorized copying, disclosure, use or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Regards
Sankarshan

--