DNS failure since upgrade to fedora core 3

mreynolds at toplayer.com mreynolds at toplayer.com
Sat Jan 15 10:40:32 UTC 2005

I had bind 9.X running under Fedora Core 2 and upgraded to Fedora core 3

I am not sure of the exact version on FC 2 but it is 9.2.4-2 on FC 3.

It does not work anymore now and from some digging around I noticed that
there are some changes in the named.conf

Like the following which was not there before

 zone "testnet" IN {

            type master;

            file "testnet.zone"

The db file seems ok and the service starts but any queries for that zone
don't get an answer.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Micheal Reynolds