Installation Guide TODO list

Mayank Sharma geekybodhi at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jan 25 11:06:26 UTC 2005

--- Stuart Ellis <s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> I've posted another build of the Installation Guide
> with a TODO file.

Thanks for summing up the issues and giving them a
timeframe. Below are some responses (keeping 0.9 in
mind). These might have already been discussed, in
which case archive URLs would be welcome.

KNOWN ISSUES

- Need to find a simpler way of formatting a USB
device with the Fedora boot image ("Beginning the
Installation").

You ask for a simpler method because of (a)
Differences in media handling and (b) directory layout

We could ask the fedora-devel for a standard method if
it exists. Meanwhile, let's write the procedure as per
FC3. We could start a maintainence file (!) that lists
things (such as this) which need to checked with every
release of FC. This would make maintaining the doc
easier.

- "Network Configuration" section does not document
wireless.

Your specific query: does Anaconda configure wireless
interfaces?

I have Linksys WMP11v4 cards. They get no special
treatment from Ananconda in FC2 and FC3. We could
check with the devel guys what chipsets they support
(if any).

- Kickstart option in Network Boot Services does not
appear to work ("Configuring Network Installation
Servers").

Haven't used kickstart ever.

---

My TODO (in order of the probability of them getting
done :)

- Double check if Anaconda supports Wireless
interfaces
- Attempt on the missing sections/appendices
- Get hold of a CompactFlash Card and a supporting
BIOS and check whether it works as an install media or
doesn't
- Double Check if the Kickstart option in Network Boot
Services works or not

!
Mayank