Test Case for Yum document

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 05:48:48 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> What, exactly, did you experience or observe?  I have the first usage in
> my /etc/yum.conf and it works.  I just did a "yum clean all" and
> everything worked as expected with my squid proxy.  (I am tunneling it
> through SSH, but that shouldn't matter in this case.)

This is where it gets tricky. I guess the good thing about filing a bug report
is that, if done correctly, the filer should verify the bug and explain the
context in as much detail as possible.

Suffice it to say that, in my situation, I required http_proxy for doing basic
authentication with my ISP. It may work differently in your setup, or I may
have changed the initial conditions by already having exported http_proxy
in my session.

I will go back and verify the facts before I change anything.

Thanks for the replies.

John Babich