fedora-doc-common RPM specfile

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:38:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 01:31 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 16:50 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/docs-common/packaging/fedora-doc-common.spec?root=docs&view=markup
>
> - Version and release ought to be in the file itself, not done via
> macros
> - Is there a reason why release is used where the version normally would
> be?
> - $RPM_BUILD_DIR with the -n value from %setup is the current directory
> for %build and %install so you can remove
> $RPM_BUILD_DIR/%{name}-%{release}/ everywhere
> - Why is %{_datadir}/fedora/doc/docs-common/common/ marked %docdir?
> - %{_datadir}/fedora isn't owned by the package
> - Unable to verify khelpcenter directory ownership
> - No changelog entry

These changes have now all been made.  I used %release originally
because I thought there might be some value in using "cvsYYYYMMDD" on
the tarball, but this was actually pretty irrelevant.  Because we have
to roll a new tarball anyway, we might as well simply assign a version
number as we go, and tag CVS appropriately.  "0.2" does not exist yet
but it will when I finish the other packaging bits this weekend (fates
willing and the creek don't rise).

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/docs-common/packaging/fedora-doc-common.spec?root=docs&view=markup