Relicensing

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:00:08 UTC 2006

In relicensing documentation, how do we document relicensing from
authors other than ourselves?  For example, I am the sole author of the
mirror-tutorial, so that's a fait accompli.  But I'm a contributing
author of the jargon-buster, and at least one of the other folks there
is no longer active in the FDP.  As far as I know, it's not possible to
sign away a copyright, so I'd make the following suggestion:

An/the active author or editor should contact all contributing authors,
notify each of the proposed licensing change, including links to
pertinent documentation on the Wiki.  Ask each to reply ASAP to
fedora-docs-list at redhat.com with a PGP/GPG-signed message approving the
change.  If the list does not receive any word back from the authors, we
may have to proceed as on the Wiki -- in other words, removing that
author's contributions as shown in change history (CVS for us).

Any other suggestions or strategies?