docs-common Makefile.common,1.73,1.74

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue Feb 28 01:12:13 UTC 2006

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 14:12 -0500, Karsten Wade wrote:
> >  set-locale-${1}::
> > -	${LN} -f -s ${FDPDIR}/docs-common/common/entities/entities-${1}.ent \
> > +	${LN} -f -s ${FDPDIR}/docs-common/common/entities/entities-${1}.xml \
> >  		${LOCALE_ENTITIES}
> Err... doesn't this break stuff?  The .ent file is generated from
> the .xml, and the LOCALE_ENTITIES is a link to those entities.  If you
> link to the .xml sources things stop working.

Yup, it absolutely breaks stuff.  The XML file is the raw form that
needs to be compiled into the ".ent" file, containing NOTHING except
<!ENTITY> elements.

This file gets included as part of the <DOCTYPE>'s local DTD section,
between the '[]' pair, and you can't put full XML in there, only
<!ENTITY> stuff.

Karsten, please revert.

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!